My long-time Internet friend, Terence Kierans, and wife Valerie, are celebrating the first weeks of spring. He says they are four weeks into spring and:
* Have picked the first tomato;
* Valerie has picked the first rose since mid-August. We pruned and fed immediately after that;
* The kangaroo paw are coming into flower;
* So is the verticordia, and
* A brown honeyeater is building its nest in a zygocactus growing in a hanging pot in the pergola.
Below is a photo TK sent me of their first spring rose. Note the beautiful composition of the photo.